Camera recommendations?

Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy my first DSLR. I recently became very interested in photography and it has become a hobby of mine. free netflix I'm looking to get a camera of my own but am a broke college student. What are some good DSLRs that are under netflix free trial ~$150 (ik that budget sucks). I've been told Nikon D3100 and Canon Rebel upcoming movies T3 are great for the price to start off. Most the cameras I see online in my price range are the likes of Nikon N80 and random Olympus cameras or really old cameras. I'm looking to hear what your guy's opinions are. Used is totally fine with me

Last edited:

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Completely the wrong forum dude. This entire website/forum is about security cameras.

Reaction score
your budget is low considering you'll need lense(s).
look for canon 30d, 40d, 50d. Those go for about $150 for the body only. you can get a new 50mm 1.8 lens for another $99. That should get you going until you reach your limitations (needing a wider lens, zoom lens, etc).
you will eventually need a wider lens depending on what you shoot. you can start off with the kit lens (18-55mm) until you can afford something better. at that price range consider a point and shoot with RAW capabilities. I still shoot with an old Canon S100 when i don't want to carry my DSLR and multiple lenses around town. A point and shoot with manual settings is still capable until you can afford "better" gear, "better" being the subjective word. My s100 still takes great photos, considering im not printing my photos and only displaying them online.

ask yourself why you need a DSLR and that may determine which direction you should go. You can take great photos with a point and shoot camera, manual settings, and lighting being the key in photography (and perhaps lenses), not necessarily and not always the camera body.