Camera on downspout

salsaverde

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 90 degree corner to my home that faces my problematic neighbors. That corner is made up of the side and back of my home. The side does not have a soffit. The back does. I would normally mount the camera to the back wall using a wall mount. But there is a downspout that would block some of the intended area. I have 2 IPC-HDW2231R-ZS and they have a pole mount bracket (PFA152-E). Is this a bad approach? It would be an easy install. But I wonder if my neighbors will just remove the camera at night or when I'm not home. It seems it would just need a screwdriver to unmount.

Thanks!

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your neighbor coming into your property without your permission will mean that they are trespassing.
If they touch/move or take away your stuff, would mean they are committing an act of larceny.

Depends on where you mount it. Try mounting it high out of their reach if without a ladder.

It does take a while to undo those screws manually with a screw driver..

salsaverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Your neighbor coming into your property without your permission will mean that they are trespassing.
If they touch/move or take away your stuff, would mean they are committing an act of larceny.

Depends on where you mount it. Try mounting it high out of their reach if without a ladder.

It does take a while to undo those screws manually with a screw driver..
Yeah, they are psycho. He came on my property today and got in my face and tried to start a fist fight. Who does that? I had to tell him leave my property and that he's trespassing. He's like 70 years old and still a punk. I already took him to court once. I'm hoping a few cameras will make him think twice before he pays me a visit again.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got a similar neighbor like this too. tried to start a fist fight when I asked him not to touch my stuffs.

Anyway .. to save money and if aesthetics is not an issue, can try cable ties and hose clamps..

Attachments