Camera Help

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Here is the deal last month they broke into my house and since then i decided to buy IP Cameras.

here is what i have so far:

NVR: DS-7716N-E4/16P
PTZ: Huisun 1.3 MP speed dome
PTZ: Huisin 1.3MP 4x bullet ptz (Not installed yet)
just ordered Turret: 2CD2342WD-I 2.8mm 4MP WDR EXIR IP (will be installed on the garage door)
just ordered Turret: 2CD2342WD-I 2.8mm 4MP WDR EXIR IP (will be installed at the back of the house)
just ordered Minidome: 1x Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS 3MP (will be installed on top of the main entrance)

this is a video of the PTZ installed and since you guys have more knowledge then me can you please help me or assist me on what is the best way to be setting the speed dome ptz? e.x. motion detection? tried auto tracking but the ptz would go crazy with all the movements of the cars driving by and the trees or use ROI?
i also tried the emailing option for motion detection and it does send me an email but with out a picture of whats going on.

also when i install the 2CD2342WD-I 2.8mm on the garage door and use line crossing detection is there away to call the ptz to move at that location and zoom?

will appreciate some help and input

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

drlovety

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll add a few tips. First, I don't have the NVR you are using, so I can't be very helpful, I'm using BI. Regarding the PTZ cam (what a killer cam!) I think you need to reconsider your mounting location. Your camera appears to be in the center of the house, as you pointed out, that cam is going back and forth tracking things. You can probably create a line detection so you aren't alerted to everything, but again, this will be very difficult if your main area of concern (your house) is not in the cams primary view. Your PTZ has a resting location and if movement is outside of that resting location, your cam won't see it and therefore won't be alerted or recorded (big pain if this happens). Consider moving it to an area where you can as much as possible in one view...this can be far away since you have a 20x zoom. This way your line detection would be your property and once someone crosses that line, your cam will follow that person.

Regarding the email, there might be an option you might have to check. Again, I'm unfamiliar with your NVR. In BI there is an option. I do remember I having troubles with my phones email and telling it to trust the sender and automatically d/l imagines...you might have a security setting disabling the photo. Open the email from your browser to double check.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Make sure to install 500 megawatt spot light for those turrets to be useful in front of garage and backyard. In my case they were not useful for identification, too much noise.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@garricker - you might want to head over to the Huisun board to try and get some help vs the install threads. There is a TON of discussions regarding this camera there. I believe @klasipca and @Larebear are two of the most avid users and supporters of this camera so they should be able to assist, however I don't know that I have seen either post about using motion tracking. Normally motion tracking isn't used anywhere there is a LOT of movement - it is normally only used in what is normally a steady non movement area so that when movement does occure it locks directly to it and zooms in to track it, in your case sitting on a busy street the camera will go nuts! Also from what I have seen in the Huisun boards the motion detection is trash and I don't believe anyone has gotten it to really work like motion detection is supposed to - also several posts about them not being responsive to the complaints about the lack of motion detection functionality.

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thx all,

havent had the chance to play with it some more.... will check if i'm able to configure it this weekend

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have interest also in use a turret or other camera to detect motion and than have a ptz move to that location and zoom in.

i found this blog describing how to use the PIR detection of hikvision in blueiris to decide to record.

http://www.petermcannell.com/using-ip-camera-based-pir-sensor-within-blueiris/

My dealer told me i could use it that way with motion detect, line crossing etc, so i asume the PIR trigger also. This could be more reliable than motion detect.

My guess is that you would than have to make an action on the NVR to select a preset on the ptz.
Have not found that in hikvision nvr manual though..