Camera does not record on BI when direct to disc is selected and has no sound

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been messing with this camera off and on for a while now when time permits. It's a IPCT-HDBW4432F-IS. I have reset it with the reset button a couple of times and sometimes has intermittent recording while direct to disc is selected. I have also deleted and reinstalled the camera multiple times. I just don't know where to look to fix these issues. Can someone help with problem solving?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been messing with this camera off and on for a while now when time permits. It's a IPCT-HDBW4432F-IS. I have reset it with the reset button a couple of times and sometimes has intermittent recording while direct to disc is selected. I have also deleted and reinstalled the camera multiple times. I just don't know where to look to fix these issues. Can someone help with problem solving?
post screenshots of the video settings from the cameras web interface as well as your blue iris settings from the camera settings video tab, video>configuration tab, audio tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera has never recorded audio, make sure you have "video & audio" selected in video type on the cameras video page

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200430-151420.pngScreenshot_20200430-151301.png
Here is the audio settings. Iframe interval won't highlight to change it either. Changed to h264 not plus

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, direct to disc recording looks like it's working. Still chasing the sound issue now

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the audio format in the camera and BI have to be the same to work? So far I'm not hearing improvement. Should I reboot the computer after every audio format change?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No need to reboot the computer. Just restart the camera instance in Blue Iris.

Have the camera encode AAC at 44 or 48 kHz if that is available.

If you still get no sound, perhaps the selected input is wrong in the cam's web interface. Is there a built-in mic option in the dropdown for that?