Camera configuration settings - where to set them

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I correct in what I think I have figured out with camera settings... specifically that I cannot use BI to modify the camera settings, but rather, I have to use the Web Interface or Dahau software to modify them?

If I am correct, is the UI that is accessible when accessing the camera via the best way to configure the cameras or is there a Dahau app that is better?

If I am not correct, where in Blue Iris do you configure the camera settings? I thought it might be under the Cameras "Hardware Pages" but that menu option doesn't have any submenus when I click on it.

Thanks,

Eric

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Am I correct in what I think I have figured out with camera settings...
Yes. BI just shows what the camera sends. You'll set the video stream and image settings in the cam's web interface.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I correct in what I think I have figured out with camera settings... specifically that I cannot use BI to modify the camera settings, but rather, I have to use the Web Interface or Dahau software to modify them?

If I am correct, is the UI that is accessible when accessing the camera via the best way to configure the cameras or is there a Dahau app that is better?

If I am not correct, where in Blue Iris do you configure the camera settings? I thought it might be under the Cameras "Hardware Pages" but that menu option doesn't have any submenus when I click on it.

Thanks,

Eric
Go to the camera's IP in a browser and configure some camera settings and then to BI to configure how BI interacts with the camera.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the IP access the only/best way to configure the settings or is there a Dahau tool that is better to use?

Thanks,

Eric

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Been a while since I've looked at their tool but as I remember you could set the user info, networking, and video stream config using the tool but could not set image parameters. Better to just go into the cam. The tool might be good to use to get a bunch of cams up and running to start. Another benefit of the tool is that it will find Dahau cams outside of your current subnet if you have to hunt one down for whatever reason.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I just didn't know if there was a tool that was better/had better features than the web interface, or if there was a tool that addressed all cameras with a common UI in case the different cameras/different versions of a camera had different web UI.

All my cameras will be on their own subnet so that should not be an issue.

Thanks,

Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And keep in mind it is best to do these settings with Internet Explorer. Even the brand new Dahua 4K/T that is designed to work for other browsers has been shown to be sensitive and not working fully with other browsers.

Sometimes you may get it to work with Edge or Chrome with the IE tab, but then sometimes it doesn't

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the process of setting up my computer. Can you tell me what internet explored I need to download? Windows t’en pro. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the process of setting up my computer. Can you tell me what internet explored I need to download? Windows t’en pro. Thanks
Internet Explorer is baked into Win10, they just do not provide a shortcut to it or point it out that it is still available..

Simply go to the search bar below and type in Internet Explorer and it will come up.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wonderful this is all quite confusing using windows vs my iPad. Managed to get my new drives in watching youtube videos. Thank god for you tube. I’m in the process now down loading BI. Thank you we much for all your help!