Cam went offline, ping-able but can't access

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 2532 that went offline what I noticed is it would work for maybe 30 second to a minute after I unplug/replug it then I get error loading XML from the interface and I no longer able to access the camera. However, I can still see it on the network SADP detects it and I can still ping it. I just can't access it.

Saw some folks with issues after firmware updates but I didn't do anything, working fine for a few weeks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2532 that went offline what I noticed is it would work for maybe 30 second to a minute after I unplug/replug it then I get error loading XML from the interface and I no longer able to access the camera. However, I can still see it on the network SADP detects it and I can still ping it. I just can't access it.

Saw some folks with issues after firmware updates but I didn't do anything, working fine for a few weeks.
Have you tried a hard reset? There is a reset button inside the 2532.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Factory reset through the interface same issue. Does factory reset via the button have any different effect beside also resetting the ip?

The camera is popping in and out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Factory reset through the interface same issue. Does factory reset via the button have any different effect beside also resetting the ip?

The camera is popping in and out.
Yes, do a hard reset.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do u need to do the press then apply power to hard reset or can i just press and hold?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hard reboot and moved the camera inside put another camera at the same location to be sure it isn't my wiring, same symptom. I'm on firmware 5.2.5.

Camera body seems hot to the touch. Not scorching but pretty warm.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the issue is related to camera overheating. I left it disconnected for a day and reconnected it this morning. Been stable for 6 hours.