Calving barn help

Brkuhn1

n3wb
Reaction score
What would it take to wirelessly transmit signal (wanted to bury cable but harvest took way to long and now it's froze) from the house (red line approx 180 ft) and the shed (green line approx 200 ft) to the barn. The goal is to be able to put cameras in the barn and at the East side of the barn (the blue and orange areas) to monitor calving from the house or shed. I also put a camera on the North side since sometime we have animals out there which would be nice to monitor as well.

The goal would be to set up PTZ cameras since the cows have free roam of the big part of the barn and East side, so you never know exactly where they are going to be.

This does not need to be remotely accessed but if that was possible, that would be a plus.

Thanks and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Annotation 2019-12-30 183631.jpgCapture.JPG

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If going only from house to one barn, a pair of Ubiquiti NSM5 Locos can provide a Layer 2 Transparent Bridge as configured here and depicted below:

Ubiquiti_layer2_bridge-cams.jpg

Brkuhn1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much, I knew something had to exist but i could not for the life of me find it. I think after looking through this a bit I will forego being able to see the cameras in the shed and just set it up exactly like your diagram shows.

Brkuhn1

n3wb
Reaction score
Also forgot to ask, I only put the 2 cameras on the layout, there will actually be 6 2MP running 15-20 FPS, will these bridges be able to handle that, and would there be room for expansion later on.

As you can tell you are dealing with a tech dummy lol

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also forgot to ask, I only put the 2 cameras on the layout, there will actually be 6 2MP running 15-20 FPS, will these bridges be able to handle that, and would there be room for expansion later on.
Instead consider the newer Loco5AC at a comparable price. It use the same software but has more throughput and higher bandwidth. The Loco5AC (NS-5ACL-US) should work great now and in the future, although I'd consider lowering FPS to 15.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.