Calling Android users! Hik-Connect push notifications not showing when locked [SOLVED]

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
yes they will use rtsp for sure... they dont reinvent the wheel.. they just use a basic sip proxy on their outdoor station.. maybe hikconnect will work different, but app on display must be a simple sip client

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
hmm... my test pc has only dvi/dp .. and i cannot find any cable ... so no idea how to install ubuntu :oops: :eek: :embarrassed:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
yes i wasted 1,5 day with linhome on ubuntu ... i wasnt able to connect with any device to the sip server... dont know why.. there is no real doc :(
also you cannot register to their free cloud service, always error 500 ............................. :mad:
so i will try freepbx first, already found my device with already installed freepbx...

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
indeed, freepbx is the easiers road indeed, and this hopefully works, to add an still-image or feed into the header
because my guess, hikvision is not sending it , otherwise i would see it on my indoor/sip clients... i have only video afterwards

there is also a file editor, easy to change those custom files

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@user8963

i have freepbx up and running and testing with some linphone clienst, still dont see any still-image
but i guess the custom config is not executed, i cant see any NOTICE in the log with this text ; "DS-KD8003 is calling to extension"
so my guess its not activated when i inittiate the call...
in that thread, they speak about a dialplan, but i have none

any idea how i can apply that custom config to my extensions created in freepbx?

1629798075545.png

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i would start digging into logs when button on outdoor station is pressed... the question is WHAT is send to the sip server ?

Reaction score
i am in the same boat, sometimes hikconnect is insant, sometimes 5 mins off
frustrating
the notifications are coming now, with 4.17 , but sometimes just too late
the min issue, is mine opinion a server issue on hikvision side

gonna go back to the SIP road if it stays like this

Evening all came across this forum at the weekend. I've recently installed 2 of the 8003iem and the 8520wte1.

The 1st one went in no issues worked a treat.

My last one which I installed the night before I went on holiday has caused me headaches galore!
Customer has an iPhone and I couldn't get it to ring through unless his phone was unlocked. He went on holiday and added to my huwaiei. I managed to get it to ring when phone locked. But came across the forum and the part about the app being shut down. So I tried that on Monday and it didn't work.
I ranh tech support in UK and informed them of this and this forum. As on 20/08 they were not aware of issues.
So today I got line manager tech call me. I logged on to there hik connect account and they tested their devices and it worked to my phone straight away.
So I went to sight and got them to dial in. The out door station was running latest firmware 2.2.45 build 210430 and indoor station 2.1.20 build 210420.

They tried a few things no joy. Added the system to their hik account and still no joy.
We ended up flashing the firmware again on indoor and outdoor station and reset to factory defaults. We then changed the port for both to 8001. We did this as customer has 4 dvrs at his property all on 8000.

Guess what it worked a treat. Worked on my huwaiei, I shared it to hiks own account and tech guy received the call. Shared to customers phone and his sons phone ( both iphones) and it works a treat.

Just thought I'd let you know as this helped me find another fault I wasn't aware of.

Hopefully this helps some of you out

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoFate

tested freepbx, it works somehow with linhome app ... but there are a few problems,... if you hang up, the doorstation not notice it and stay on line ...

early media seems to be in the log, but asterisk does not give it to app...
asterisk notice that there is an audio ulaw and h264 video stream without accept the call...
so in my opinion everything is there to get it working,,, without modifiy header with rtsp stream url
i didnt figure out what debug level would be the best... but with my level (9) its too much.

found some helpful information but... its not possible to modify anything with freepbx (many options are not present in gui and you cannot edit configs manual, you have to add some custom confs where you set which config you want to edit ... ) .... to complicated.
i will try with plain asterisk in minimal config without freepbx

also i hate this infinity scroll shit forum style like home assistant , freepbx etc... its so annoying ... :mad: :banghead:

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok verry interesting!
I tested the app : acrobits voip soft phone, ... I liked it better than linphone, many more options there...

Maybe the hang up issue had something to do with DTMF signalling, i believe i changed that on freepbx on each extension to : "Sip Info" ... Otherwise I wasn't able to open the door...

How does the early media look like in the log?

Gonna try plain asterisk too , but it's all based on command line?