BVR Stand-Alone Viewer or new way to convert?

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in an unfortunate situation where a neighbor supposedly had their car keyed the day after I complained to them about ongoing noise problems coming from their apartment in the early morning hours, so naturally they're telling neighbors and police that I must have been the one to damage their car. Since I have cameras pointing at my front door and my cars which happen to be parked next to his, I am lucky enough to be able to prove I had no involvement. After looking through the motion triggers and the full 24 X 7 recordings from the day the incident supposedly took place, I don't even think the car was damaged in our parking lot as I never once saw anyone near the car. I don't even think it was damaged recently either since the scratches look old and covered with dirt..

But in any event, I want to provide the police with every single second of video from my cameras from 4/1 until today and let them sort through it. Maybe there's something I missed, but in any event it at least proves I was never near his car. I'm copying 350GB worth of videos to a USB drive to give to police, but they won't have any way of viewing them since they're in BVR format. Aside from telling them to go install Blue Iris, is there a stand alone player they can use to view the BVR files? I tried VLC but it won't play them.

If the only answer is for them to install Blue Iris (which I doubt they'll want to do), will it allow them to build indexes so they can navigate the files easier since I'm only supplying the .BVR files and that's it?

Thanks in advance.. I'm so glad I got these cameras and Blue Iris.. it's the second time this year they're saving me.

-Keith

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can have BI 'export' your file to a common format such as AVI/WMV/MP4 and then give that to the police. You will lose all indexing/BI specific stuff.

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
You can have BI 'export' your file to a common format such as AVI/WMV/MP4 and then give that to the police. You will lose all indexing/BI specific stuff.
It took me 10 hours just to copy the BRV files to an external drive, I'd imagine exporting them would take even longer, right? A viewer would be idea, but I guess that doesn't exist.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It took me 10 hours just to copy the BRV files to an external drive, I'd imagine exporting them would take even longer, right? A viewer would be idea, but I guess that doesn't exist.
If you can narrow the time frames down, you can export only selected chunks of video based on start/end time...that will save you a lot.

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can narrow the time frames down, you can export only selected chunks of video based on start/end time...that will save you a lot.
Normally I would have done just that, as I did with a previous incident where someone stole packages off my porch. In this case, I need to provide all of my video to the police to show that *nothing* happened at any day or any time. I can't narrow it down.
-Keith

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally I would have done just that, as I did with a previous incident where someone stole packages off my porch. In this case, I need to provide all of my video to the police to show that *nothing* happened at any day or any time. I can't narrow it down.
-Keith
See the second to last post by mcx..they are not going to watch the footage though...not for something like this.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9194-Is-there-a-standalone-BVR-viewer/page2?highlight=standalone

Joe94564

n3wb
Reaction score
I am able to view my *.BVR clips using Windows Media Player AFTER I downloaded and installed K-Lite_Code_Pack_1210_mega.exe package. After downloading the package from the web I installed the software codec on my desktop and my laptop. I then was able to view *.BVR files with no conversion. Without the CODEC package installed Windows Media Player will not play *.BVR files. I hope this helps you in your quest.

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I am able to view my *.BVR clips using Windows Media Player AFTER I downloaded and installed K-Lite_Code_Pack_1210_mega.exe package. After downloading the package from the web I installed the software codec on my desktop and my laptop. I then was able to view *.BVR files with no conversion. Without the CODEC package installed Windows Media Player will not play *.BVR files. I hope this helps you in your quest.
Thanks, I'll give this a try! As it happens I spoke with my neighbor and they admitted to me that their car wasn't keyed but tree branches scratched their car and they just needed a police report to get the damage covered by insurance. Doesn't explain why they went to three neighbors telling them that they think *I* did it... but I secretly recorded her admission so I don't think I need to bother giving the video to the police now. Thanks for everyone's supplies!
-Keith

Joe94564

n3wb
Reaction score
I would appreciate knowing if the my solution works for you. As I had stated I installed on my desktop and laptop so that is very limited "knowledge base".