Buying 50 4k hikvisions - chose Chinese or english version?

Eugene Lam

n3wb
Reaction score
This is being installed in a warehouse setting in the states. Updates don't matter, as long as the initial setup is done properly.

I originally thought we'd just use hikvision nvr but I am open to other suggestions.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1 on this good advice. You're gambling with a lot of money not to be certain that the support will be sufficient if you have any problems. Send a private message to RyanODan at Nellys and milkisbad at CTS at at lease solicit their advice; these are good guys for certain.
+1 on the advice and yes Ryan & milkisbad are great people, I have purchased from both in the past and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it comes from Aliexpress it will probably already be English (and maybe other languages optional also) and compatible with English NVRs. I've bought lots of different types from aliexpress and except for 1 time of the wrong lens being sent which was minor for me, never had a problem.

I bought my 4Ks from a seller on aliexpress after asking some questions and they were multi language and work with English NVR/iVMS etc - and I checked them out good. Well worth it (for me anyway).

Hell you can always ask the supplier if you are concerned.

I wouldn't update the firmware it comes with though - though mine aren't Internet accessible.

The price difference (especially for 50 cameras) is so huge that it would be well worth it for me, but of course it depends on the job and only you know if it's worth it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Give me 10k and I'll learn Chinese and setup the cameras for you lol