Bricked DS-2CD2432F-IW.. Won't atempt to tftp

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but when I last had access, it appeared that much of the filesystem was gone. Wondered if anyone had the factory capability of putting a FS back on, with an SD card or some other type of method, since again it won't make any requests on the wire for an address or tftp. So in short of pleading with a factory rep/support, anyone has a magic usb stick or a method to force a boot from the SD or other?

Thanks
Tory

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure TFTP doesn't work?

Put your PC on 192.0.0.128 and power cycle the camera
Make sure there's no firewall.

If the TFTP doesn't see anything, run wireshark and look for 192.0.0.64 (power cycle the camera each time to get it to boot).

If you get nothing then network problem or faulty camera I would have thought.

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure TFTP doesn't work?

Put your PC on 192.0.0.128 and power cycle the camera
Make sure there's no firewall.

If the TFTP doesn't see anything, run wireshark and look for 192.0.0.64 (power cycle the camera each time to get it to boot).

If you get nothing then network problem or faulty camera I would have thought.
Ya, I think I did something wrong with the ftp process and there is something fundamentally wrong with the filesystem layout at this point. I can reboot, reset (10-15 second reset button push while applying power) and wireshark (tcpdump), shows nothing coming from the camera. so I think I borked it trying to fix it. Hardware is fine, just think the FS is in a weird state at this point.

Thanks
Tory

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I doubt it - TFTP is on a separate partition which doesn't get changed by firmware updates or anything you did with FTP.

It's possible the camera has a fault though. If you've checked the networking, and nothing shows up for 192.0.0.64 on a power cycle then that's not good.

I also assume you've tried the SADP tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimkinCA

n3wb
Reaction score
I doubt it - TFTP is on a separate partition which doesn't get changed by firmware updates or anything you did with FTP.

It's possible the camera has a fault though. If you've checked the networking, and nothing shows up for 192.0.0.64 on a power cycle then that's not good.

I also assume you've tried the SADP tool.
Don't assume anything with me :).. ya nothing on the wire at all (I'm a network guy so sniffing is not new to me). And the tftp stuff that's good to know! but it's definitely not putting anything out on the wire, nmap doesn't find anything either, nor any kind of forced broadcast calls seem to make it respond to anything.

SADP has never worked for me. But let me try it, worth a shot at this point i guess. Nope still can't get it to see anything.

Alarm light is lit as soon as it receives power and stays that way, link like reacts to packets that it sees on the wire, but does nothing with them.
BAH!!

Thanks for the help though!

Tory