Boobie cam install

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope the title wasn't misleading and you aren't disappointed... :p ...it's really a Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 3.6mm (aka boobie cam) install.

I wanted a cam that would show items left on the front porch such as packages, doorknob hangers, business cards...effectively "package cam". And, while I was at it I thought a view of the approach to the front porch may be useful so I went with a boobie cam; one cable, two cams. The ceiling of the porch is 12ft high so perhaps not ideal but after the install not too bad either. I'll be adding a wedge cam near the doorbell in the future as soon as I get around to sizing up the effort to get through stucco/block and getting the cats6 up the wall and into the attic. UPDATE: Installing a wedge cam was done in PART II which can be seen HERE.

From the street boobie cam is hardly noticeable.

20200202_133532.jpg

From the walkway (about halfway from the street to the porch) it's a bit more noticeable.

20200202_133549.jpg

Look up and smile!

20200202_133625.jpg

At 12 feet up you actually get a pretty good view. I'll post a pic of someone walking up later.

Walkway.jpg

"Package cam"....there's a box on the ground and a business card stuck in the door.

FrontDoor.jpg

Wedge cam coming soon....

20200202_133650.jpg

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope the title wasn't misleading and you aren't disappointed... :p ...it's really a Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 3.6mm (aka boobie cam) install.
I was soooo expecting a nightclub install. Should be great once you get the doorbell portion installed. ATM you have a great view but the trouble is, as you're obviously aware, thieves don't tend to look up and a cap or hoody will prevent ID without. Wonder what the missus thinks now you have an extra pair of boobies in the house. That's the thing about this hobby, one pair is never enough!

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I was soooo expecting a nightclub install. Should be great once you get the doorbell portion installed. ATM you have a great view but the trouble is, as you're obviously aware, thieves don't tend to look up and a cap or hoody will prevent ID without. Wonder what the missus thinks now you have an extra pair of boobies in the house. That's the thing about this hobby, one pair is never enough!

"Package cam" isn't so that I can watch thieves take my packages from a sky cam...LOL. We almost never use the front door for entry/exit...it gets use once a month at most. We go through the garage door 99.9% of the time and from the garage you don't have a clear view of the front porch. Package cam allows me to see what's on the door or on the floor of the porch. We have people that walk through the neighborhood and leave door hangers and sometime business cards on the door and it could be weeks before we notice them. Also, there are delivery services that require a signature and may leave a sticky note on the door without leaving the package. Sometimes packages are left on the porch without ringing the doorbell and sometimes while running errands or out of town for work I have no way to know a package is sitting there. "Walkway cam" is there just for shits and giggles...considering how high walkway cam is mounted it provides a surprisingly good view of who's walking to the door. I've had people walk up to the door, ring the doorbell then get off the front porch and wait on the walkway (a seen from one of my side cams). I've had a wedge cam sitting in my office for over a month but when I get around to it it'll be mounting 5 feet off the floor in the corner next to the front door. Unfortunately, the wedge cam would not have provided the same view as package cam with regards to what's on the floor and on the door.

p.s. Here the obligatory nightclub pic I...sorry about that.... :p

nightclub.jpg

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I definitely boobed when I got the wrong idea.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if Dahua will make an AI version of this and if so whether or not IVS issues will be addressed

For now there is nothing indicative of a newer unit in the pipeline

Reaction score
good job, going to be nice when you put your other cam lower by the door. But atleast you can see them walking around the sidwalk.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm telling ya....three years later boobie is a wonderful thing. Especially, when you almost never use the front door but people like to hang things on it.

1677693300908.png

Last edited: