Blurry before sun down and big chunks of IVS yellow

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two odd issues that came up out of nowhere. HDW5231R-ZE

1) I schedule switch to night and start it an hour or two before sunset because things don't look great in color when this east facing camera has low light. Recently the focus has been horrible for an hour or so after switching to night mode and then it is perfectly focused later when fully dark.

2) This same camera on the gdmss Android app sometimes shows big chunks of IVS activity when there was no intrusion during those full times. Makes it hard to look at actual IVS events because it acts like the whole time window was an event. As you can see, earlier in the day no issue and normal IVS thin lines for real events.

See photo of blurry and then in focus once dark but big chunks of IVS:

Screenshot_20210417-115217.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-115240.jpg

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! Any idea what causes these sorts of problems? I find that I experience them quite randomly even when I haven't changed any settings for months. I keep CPU use pretty reasonable with 15fps ~6000kbps CBR, only one IVS rule, no motion detection.

I need to update the firmware anyways, so I guess it's a good time to re do settings from scratch anyways.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Any idea what causes these sorts of problems? I find that I experience them quite randomly even when I haven't changed any settings for months. I keep CPU use pretty reasonable with 15fps ~6000kbps CBR, only one IVS rule, no motion detection.

I need to update the firmware anyways, so I guess it's a good time to re do settings from scratch anyways.
It could be a firmware issue, I have one of those cams that runs for months without any issue's.