Blueiris settings for continuous recording and alerts

jjmucker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks. Fairly new to Blueiris and not wanting to set up anything too complicated.
So I want 24/7 recordings from my 3 Amcrest 1080p cameras and also the ability to see motion alerts as well.

I use the Blueiris iOS app which is great by the way. very easy to navigate your files.

I have a 4tb drive.
Given that, are these settings correct?

from reading on here , you don’t really need a ‘stored’ folder as you can still view all your recordings from the one folder and would save any moving files about. Also read you don’t need continuous + triggered either, as you still get the motion alerts with just continuous? Is this true?
Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks. Fairly new to Blueiris and not wanting to set up anything too complicated.
So I want 24/7 recordings from my 3 Amcrest 1080p cameras and also the ability to see motion alerts as well.

I use the Blueiris iOS app which is great by the way. very easy to navigate your files.

I have a 4tb drive.
Given that, are these settings correct?

from reading on here , you don’t really need a ‘stored’ folder as you can still view all your recordings from the one folder and would save any moving files about. Also read you don’t need continuous + triggered either, as you still get the motion alerts with just continuous? Is this true?
Thanks
You can still get motion alerts from continuous. Continuous + triggered is a completely separate option that allows you to record continuously using the substream then switch to main stream upon trigger. See help file

jjmucker

n3wb
Reaction score
You can still get motion alerts from continuous. Continuous + triggered is a completely separate option that allows you to record continuously using the substream then switch to main stream upon trigger. See help file
great thanks. Does the other settings seems ok though for 24hr recording. I’d imagine I’d be able to get about 30 days out of a 4tb with 3 cameras.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have BI and a 4TB WD purple in use and have three cams recording 24/7, two Dahua 5442 5MP, and a Dahua 2231 2MP, and three other cams that record on motion.

I have no issues getting 30 days so you should be fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
great thanks. Does the other settings seems ok though for 24hr recording. I’d imagine I’d be able to get about 30 days out of a 4tb with 3 cameras.
The number of cameras and their resolution doesnt tell you anything. Its the bitrate that matters.