BlueIris lost one cam

norwestie

n3wb
Reaction score
My BI has been running well for nearly a year until recently. One of my five cameras no longer shows up. If I look at the video/configuration and click on the hyperlink, I can view the camera in my browser. But it says i/o error 0 where the image should be. Any suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have not already, try restarting/rebooting things. Blue Iris has a right click option to restart a camera (really what it does is attempt to reconnect). If that doesn't work, power cycle the camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the I/O error is only in Blue Iris, right? Everything looks fine when you connect directly to the camera with a browser?

norwestie

n3wb
Reaction score
I've power cycled the camera several times. And yes, the i/o error is only in BI. I can access the camera via its LAN IP address from all my computers in a browser.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly, blue iris is using a different method to pull video from the camera than the camera uses in its own web interface. See if there are any other foscam options to configure it as. Maybe one particular component inside the camera has failed, causing for example h264 streaming to not work, but jpeg streaming may still work.