Bluecherry capture card with Blue Iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

trulyx

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I dont think these newer cards will work. How many analog cams do you own? you would be better off spending the money on replacing the cameras with HD ip cameras.
Thanks,
We have 3 analog cameras, but they were very expensive and would like to keep using them.
We have added a few IP cameras, which is why we would like to use Blue Iris.

Do you know where I could purchase a card that would definitely work with Blue Iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks,
We have 3 analog cameras, but they were very expensive and would like to keep using them.
We have added a few IP cameras, which is why we would like to use Blue Iris.

Do you know where I could purchase a card that would definitely work with Blue Iris?
Grandstream and axis have encoders that work with blue iris...you can also use a dvr that is blue iris compatible and use it as an encoder....however, I would replace the 3 cameras..a 60-100 dollar hikvision or dahua will likely blow your cameras away...the fact that the were expensive at the time is irrelevant. Dont throw good money after bad.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you watch closely you can find these encoders cheap on E-Bay. I found an axis 7014 "Brand New in the box" for $52.00. The 7014 works perfectly for BI. I, like you, did not want to loose my existing coverage while I completed the change to IP and will probably continue using the Analog cams because they use very little resources on BI. Can't ever have "to many"... LOL.

Managed POE switches from working IT environments can be had for cheap also. Ebay is your friend. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221906310448?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291595779339?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.