Blue Iris won't run full screen

shennecke

n3wb
Reaction score
My software is running minimized in the system tray. When I try to maximize it to full screen it does for about 10 seconds and then minimizes itself any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My software is running minimized in the system tray. When I try to maximize it to full screen it does for about 10 seconds and then minimizes itself any ideas?
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried the basics like restarting your pc?

shennecke

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried the basics like restarting your pc?
Yes. Ended up having to uninstall the solftware and start over. Then add the new upgrage on to it. Works fine now. Must of had a problem with the upgrade not installing properly.

shennecke

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. Ended up having to uninstall the solftware and start over. Then add the new upgrage on to it. Works fine now. Must of had a problem with the upgrade not installing properly.
Spoke too soon. Upon trying to add a 7th camera the software crashes. It also gives an error that it doesn't find that camera. My other computer sees it via a browser and my android phone sees it also via ipcam app. Cpu useage only shows 11% WTH?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. Upon trying to add a 7th camera the software crashes. It also gives an error that it doesn't find that camera. My other computer sees it via a browser and my android phone sees it also via ipcam app. Cpu useage only shows 11% WTH?
Is this a clean windows machine? What version of windows? What else is running? did you exclude blue iris from your antivirus? What camera is causing the crash? Are you using hardware acceleration?

shennecke

n3wb
Reaction score
Clean machine. Has been running for some time. Windows 7. Only thing else it's used for is running my home automation software. No antivirus on the machine. Don't do any updates from Microsoft. All of my cameras are the same Foscam FI8910W. No hardware acceleration being used. Machine is 2.0 Celeron 4 core processor, 64bit, 4 gb ram, SSD drive. It has been running pretty much 24/7 for about a year with no issues. Then I went to add a 7th camera after the BI update and all hell broke loose!

Last edited by a moderator:

shennecke

n3wb
Reaction score
This may be the problem...there have been numerous posts where users had issues because they dont have the MS updates.
Win 7 is no longer getting updates. It was fully updated when initially installed. Very frustrating as my system has been down for days and no real responses or solutions from Blue Iris support. System worked for many months and now nothing. I guess they got my money so screw me now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Win 7 is no longer getting updates. It was fully updated when initially installed. Very frustrating as my system has been down for days and no real responses or solutions from Blue Iris support. System worked for many months and now nothing. I guess they got my money so screw me now.
1) windows 7 updates are still coming. My machine just updated this week. While they are security updates they may contain bug fixes for updates that had issues.
2) You posted this issue two days ago. This is the weekend. If you require immediate support, you should sign up for priority support now available for 60 dollars a year. Blue iris is developed and supported by a single person. This is the reason the software is so cheap. He is usually very quick responding to issues even on weekends though he doesn't have to. If you are the type of person who requires immediate support, You may wish to try milestone or exacq, they will charge you 50-150 PER camera. They will also answer your phone calls (additional cost after 90 days or 1 year depending on version).
3) if you already tried reinstalling blue iris and that didnt help, you might want to try a system restore or a clean install. There is no issue with the current blue iris release causing the problem you are having so your problem is likely not one that support can help you with anyway.
What version of blue iris are you running?