Blue Iris Windows 11 or Windows Server?

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My installed version of BI 5 was at most 2 updates old so I cannot believe that was an issue. In any event, I sent that same report to BI Support and received a reply from "Jennifer" who stated the following:

Sometimes this happens if you previously had a very old version 5 on the system.
Run REGEDIT and find the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

If you see a subkey 'a' beneath this, it must be deleted. You may need to right-click and change permissions on the key to allow "everyone" full control of the key before it may be deleted.

I did as she advised and my BI5 install booted up just fine with all my camera settings seemingly imported accurately. :-D I will be monitoring this for a few days before moving the new PC into my wire closet. So far so good!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a simplemans wild guess :)
Thankd for sharing the solution....I have 1 machine here with early ver 5 and Win 10...if I were to try that trick..( importing a .reg file) ..from W11 back to 10with diff versions...i could see the same result...

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last night I moved my BI on dedicated pc with Win10 to a VM on Unraid server using Windows 11 tiny iso.
After some initial issues with getting the GPU passthrough seems to be going ok.

But I cannot seem to get yolo 6.2 cuda working with the GPU. Worked fine on the win10 machine.
So on the 5.2 net at the moment. My gtx970 worked well with the 6.2.
But still 40-50ms inference speeds on large model with high res jpegs is not too bad for the old gtx970.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
10 cameras running windows 10 enterprise SPECTRE light. Very stripped down version of windows - VM has 2GB of ram assigned but only uses 1.2GB RAM!!!
Rock solid

1706873826842.png