Blue Iris V5 Deepstack - Garage Light Motion Trigger - with Person Detect

rgj34169

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried almost every combination of settings (in the Trigger - Motion Sensor) but I still get a Motion trigger when the Garage Light goes off.
I have Deepstack set to Person only. I have zones set (total screen - A, motion screen - B).
I've attached screen schots of my settings.
Any Help would really be appreciated.
Thank
Joe

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In "object detection" click on "object size exceeds". You may need to play with the percentage a little but that should eliminate it.

rgj34169

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply.
I just was about to tell you I have tried resetting everything but I just went to the Trigger - Motion Sensor - Object Detection - and noticed you are talking about the one on this screen.
So before I go forward. Do I Leave "Object Travels" blank and do I still use the Zones?
Thanks Again for the reply. I tried asking Questions on the PHPBB and no one ever replyed.
I hope I can get this to work properly.

Joe

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I normally don't use "object moves" but that can vary depending on what you're trying to detect and the location of each camera. As with everything YMMV. The key is to stop the scene lighting changes from triggering which is what "object size exceeds" is designed to do.

rgj34169

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the Quick Reply. I really appreciate your reply. I just tried something someone put on youtube. I tried it and it seams to work on my Hikvision and Amcrest camera but not on my reolink.
That is to set Trigger - Motion Sensor - Algorithm - Edge Vector. Edge Vector will not work on my Reolink Wifi Outdoor Bullet Camera.
Thanks Again. I will try "object size exceeds" .

Joe

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, Reolink and Blue Iris are like oil and water. Reolink uses non-standard "standards" which mess up Blue Iris motion detection. At your earliest opportunity you should seriously consider replacing that Reolink. Any camera can be made into a WiFi camera using a dedicated, encrypted, RF link and by doing that you won't see the constant dropouts and signal losses of regular WiFi. If you can get power for a WiFi camera you can also get a run of CAT5E, or better, to it. WiFi is just not designed to handle the constant load of a surveillance camera. It's not like streaming a movie, there is no buffering just a constant, never ending, data stream with a surveillance camera.