Blue Iris/TV PiP on motion question and Home Assistant

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking at doing a Blue Iris implementation, with 4 or 5 IP Cams, Blue Iris would be running the on a windows server 2016 setup, I would use 2 nics at the server one for security vlan and one for my LAN. I am wanting to trigger on either motion detection, line crossing/area intrusion. I have been trying to figure out what I would need to use to get the IP cameras to do some sort of PiP on TVs when intrustion/motion detection is triggered. From what I can tell I would need a video matrix distribution system? or is there another way, I would prefer PiP as opposed to input change.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also considering if it is possible to use a tablet or phone alert with video feed from cams, without a cloud service. I assume most of these options can be done using Home assistant but have not fully explored HA yet. This whole project started with the need for security cams, and during my research I decided I would like something to show me a cam feed on motion detection.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An 8 or 10" amazon fire tablet works fine for this. Then just use the webpage that BI has included in the browser.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll take a second look. I have not yet spent money.. But its possible I missed something when I read through that wiki as it had a lot of stuff in it.