Blue Iris Stopped Posting Short Alerts

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen. I installed the latest version of BI (evaluation) and now I am not getting the short video alerts being posted, only the long clips are available.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen. I installed the latest version of BI (evaluation) and now I am not getting the short video alerts being posted, only the long clips are available.

Thanks
What do you mean by posted? what exactly is happening?

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What do you mean by posted? what exactly is happening?

Sorry, One of my issues is being able to describe better in writing what I am trying to describe to someone else, making it so that someone else can visualize what I describe. So, here it goes with pictures.

In the side menu column of BI which shows your CLIPS-alerts/All clips/flagged videos, my BI has stopped posting the short alerts that I use to view instead of watching the long versions of videos. I now have to try and locate the section of video that has the movement for the posting of the clip in the first place by watching the long version in 8x or higher video speed.
See image below for the absence of the postings of alerts that seem to be not being posted.

1.gif

I hope this helps to describe the issue I have asked about.

Using the latest version of BI 4.2.4.3

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Bradmph On the bottom left of the ptz controls, make sure the camera icon is not selected (not green)

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes! Mine just started doing this too after am update to 4.2.6.1. Did you find a solution? I don't have a camera icon next to ptz controls.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! Mine just started doing this too after am update to 4.2.6.1. Did you find a solution? I don't have a camera icon next to ptz controls.
See the green icon all the way to the left. see the image below. Also try 4.2.6.2 and see if it helps.

ptz.JPG

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After updating to the next version recently posted on BI site, it has fixed itself and is working again like it should. BI makes regular updates to BI program and I think that one of these changes caused the program to be effected on my system.

Now using V4.2.6.4 and the problem is now been corrected.

Thanks all for your input, I have added a thanks to you all.

CASE CLOSED