Blue iris roku app

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
anyone think there is any chance of a blue iris roku app?

raf

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using IP Camera Viewer Pro for the Roku.

Roku

It cost about $5.00.

You can test with the free version first it only let's you setup one camera.

See example on setup from one of my cameras. Once you setup one camera you just need to copy an existing camera give it a different description and change the camera Stream URL to point to the BI new camera short name.

I point to my Blue Iris IP and port not directly to the cameras. I couldn't get many of my cameras working in IP Camera Viewer but pointing to BI they all work.

You can even point to a camera group name and display the group of cameras.

You can also set it up so it is the Roku screensaver if you want to display your cameras.

Hope this is helpful.

IMG_3109.JPG

raf

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention you need to turn off "Use secure session keys and login page" in BI under Web Server Advanced for this to work.

raf

n3wb
Reaction score
Another tip if you purchase the Pro version don't delete the App or you need to purchase it again. I have it installed on three Rokus.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Forgot to mention you need to turn off "Use secure session keys and login page" in BI under Web Server Advanced for this to work.
Or you can find your Roku IP address in the Roku Settings/Network menu and, in Blue Iris, add it to the Limit access by IP address list, starting with a carat (i.e. ^192.168.10.111, where 192.168.10.111 is the IP address of your Roku).

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is such a great thread. Saved me so much headache. Thank you. Both Roku TVs are streaming perfectly now. Thank you!!!

dcrobert

n3wb
Reaction score
That's great! Thanks everyone, so here is a quick recap highlighting my questions and what i needed:

1. turn off "Use secure session keys and login page"
or
in Blue Iris, add it to the Limit access by IP address list, starting with a carat (i.e. ^192.168.10.111, where 192.168.10.111 is the IP address of your Roku).

2. stream url= camera = /mjgp/Cam7? ( "Cam7" is the short name of camera or of group you created in blue iris in this example)

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For me the default quality was pretty blurry so for those who need it, add “?q=90” at the end to bump quality up. 90% seems to be good enough for me but you can adjust accordingly

Reaction score
I simply added a Amazon wireless Firestick to my TcL Roku TV. Side loaded Chrome onto it and use UI3 with a bluetooth $20 dinky keyboards/mouse pad. Not too shabby.

Reaction score
I have been using IP Camera Viewer Pro for the Roku.

Roku

It cost about $5.00.

You can test with the free version first it only let's you setup one camera.

See example on setup from one of my cameras. Once you setup one camera you just need to copy an existing camera give it a different description and change the camera Stream URL to point to the BI new camera short name.

I point to my Blue Iris IP and port not directly to the cameras. I couldn't get many of my cameras working in IP Camera Viewer but pointing to BI they all work.

You can even point to a camera group name and display the group of cameras.

You can also set it up so it is the Roku screensaver if you want to display your cameras.

Hope this is helpful.

View attachment 69421
I Just wanted to thank you for this post. I have an underwater camera in my koi pond that I wanted to use in IP Viewer on the Roku. I like the screensaver option. Would be nice to walk through the living room and see the fish doing their thing. The camera alone would not work with the IP Viewer. I had previously purchased the software, but hadn't taken the time to learn it. But this post was enough to get the koi cam working on the Roku app and that's all I wanted. So thank you!