Blue Iris not updating after software down load.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all
I just re-new my blue iris, I try to install the latest software, it down loads it buy it does not updates it just sits there.
What could be the problem.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What version are you currently running now?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Biggen
I am running 5.2.7.12 x64
Regards.
Chewie

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you’re running BI as a service, download the update, then manually stop the BI service and then manually install the update.

simonmason

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am running 5.3.7.12 x64, not running as a service. I noticed it wasn't updating so I went into About | Check for news and updates.

I clicked on Install Latest Update Available and clicked OK. I saw in the bottom bar "Downloading Update" and the number steadily increased to 39040K/40362K then stopped.

Tried it again and the same thing happened. Tried latest critical update and the same thing happened - stopped at 29056K/39990K.

Restarted Blue Iris and it did the same thing, but actually stopped at a different point in the download this time.

So I manually downloaded the update from the link above and installed it.

Any thoughts on why it is not automatically updating? I read in another thread that updates did not install automatically if you don't have a subscription but I think that might have been old as I don't see any options for a subscription service at this point. Thanks.