Blue Iris Not recording when PTZ Moved

guyT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have blue iris setup for motion recording and also recording 24/7 the motion is for the motion folder to be able to see what triggered the camera and also recording 24/7 so we can go back and view anything if needed.

BUT i was sitting in my office and seen something happening outside so i followed the person with the PTZ and later after review the recorded footage it was saved up until i moved the camera and only resumed once i returned back to home.

any ideas as to why this has happended?

Cheers

jeremyw

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this. I'm having the same issue. I have an AI based PTZ camera and when it follows cars it stops recording.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure the Suspend motion detection checkbox is in the PTZ/Control tab in the camera settings is unchecked in the camera settings if you are recording on motion only.

By default, motion detection is suspending during PTZ operation and for 1.5 seconds
afterward (move button is released). You may disable this behavior here.
Suspend motion detection.jpg

jeremyw

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure the Suspend motion detection checkbox is in the PTZ/Control tab in the camera settings is unchecked in the camera settings if you are recording on motion only.

View attachment 123688
Thanks I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be unchecked or checked. So I kept testing with both. It's weird because if an object comes from left or right it will record. But far away objects in which the camera starts to zoom it does not record.