Blue Iris is preventing windows from shutting down

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris 4.2.9.3 running on windows 7 x64 with 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I cameras. It has been running for 1 year and when I shut down windows I always get the message "Blue Iris is Preventing Windows from Shutting Down." It gives me the option to force restart, but I rarely do that as I am not sure if it would cause a problem. Usually it will eventually restart after 3-5 minutes. I have blueirisadmin.exe in the startup folder and it runs with a system tray icon and no password. If I maximize the app and close it, it closes immediately. Anyone else experience this problem or know how to solve it?
thanks, Eric

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris 4.2.9.3 running on windows 7 x64 with 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I cameras. It has been running for 1 year and when I shut down windows I always get the message "Blue Iris is Preventing Windows from Shutting Down." It gives me the option to force restart, but I rarely do that as I am not sure if it would cause a problem. Usually it will eventually restart after 3-5 minutes. I have blueirisadmin.exe in the startup folder and it runs with a system tray icon and no password. If I maximize the app and close it, it closes immediately. Anyone else experience this problem or know how to solve it?
thanks, Eric
Welcome to the forum..forcing it to close will not cause any issues.