Blue Iris hacked and/or they are selling your email?

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been a BI customer for about a year or so and just started getting a flood of spam. All the spam is being sent to an email that was ONLY given to Blue Iris when I registered my software purchase. I never use my actual email for any online activities and create specific alias accounts for every vendor I deal with. This makes it VERY easy to see who gave out my info and looks like BI or their check out agent did it this time.

Of course Blue Iris uses the MyCommerce site for purchase handling and their terms of service state that because of that transaction that I know have a "business relationship" with them and agree to receive marketing from MyCommerce or DigitalRiver. It didn't include any third parties which it appears they handed my info out to anyway. Scumbags.....

Anyone else notice getting a bunch of spam for video software and related junk?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been a BI customer for about a year or so and just started getting a flood of spam. All the spam is being sent to an email that was ONLY given to Blue Iris when I registered my software purchase. I never use my actual email for any online activities and create specific alias accounts for every vendor I deal with. This makes it VERY easy to see who gave out my info and looks like BI or their check out agent did it this time.

Of course Blue Iris uses the MyCommerce site for purchase handling and their terms of service state that because of that transaction that I know have a "business relationship" with them and agree to receive marketing from MyCommerce or DigitalRiver. It didn't include any third parties which it appears they handed my info out to anyway. Scumbags.....

Anyone else notice getting a bunch of spam for video software and related junk?
I doubt the blue iris developer did this...but you may want to notify support...mycommerce may have..I have not received any spam at all..
If you only used this account for blue iris, then simply shut it down..there is no need to keep it open..

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I've already deleted that address so I'm good to go.

I looked back at the first spam message and it came in about two weeks after updating my license to the new 4.0 version. Probably is the MyCommerce site selling off info to make that extra buck.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've already deleted that address so I'm good to go.

I looked back at the first spam message and it came in about two weeks after updating my license to the new 4.0 version. Probably is the MyCommerce site selling off info to make that extra buck.....
Possibly...but i havent seen any emails...strange..who knows..