Blue Iris digital zoom issue

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On my 3x3 BI display if without a double click I select one of the camera's video feeds just by placing the mouse pointer over that camera and not double clicking, I can use the scroll wheel to zoom in and move to which part of zoomed in image to have a closer look at. All this seems normal.

If instead I double click on one of the camera video feeds to make it full screen, with two of my 6 cameras when zoomed in I can move around the image the camera is seeing. With 4 cameras though if I double click to make their video feed full screen all I can do is to zoom in, not move my zoomed in view left or right.

Is there a setting in these 4 cameras that I haven't set but which is set for the two camera where video feeds and zoom work when full screen? It's not a big deal but strange that some cameras are different from others.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you right click on any camera image (not full screen) and the context menu pops up, is "Solo selected camera" checked or UNchecked?

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of my camera's appear to have the same settings, none have "Solo selected camera" but if I do, the chosen camera becomes full screen. On those cameras affected I can Zoom in with the scroll wheel but I am unable to move to left or right. If I want this I have to return to a 3x3 display of all my cameras, now digital zoom works normally for all cameras.
I'm also working on my RV so may not pick up any replies on IPCT as otherwise I might sooner.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I've mostly solved this again. I'd had a similar issue in April 2020 and looking back over my previous thread fenderman has again provided most of the answer.
For some unknown reason when I looked in camera settings of several of my fixed cameras, in tab PTZ/Control the box Enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom and other controls is ticked, Enabled. If I remove the tick in the box, on full screen I can zoom in and view left and right normal as before.

There are some remaining oddities, my large Hikvision Speed Dome PTZ has the box ticked yet I can use BI digital zoom normally.
With my small Dahua PTZ which I rarely move, I lose full screen digital zoom if PTZ is enabled.
With my Dahua varifocal if PTZ is enabled in the tab I also lose full screen digital zoom left and right. I rarely move this camera's focal length so it doesn't matter too. Should I need to adjust the focal length I can briefly enable adjustment then disable PTZ to have full screen digital zoom working normally.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^ thanks for this fix and outcome.
I remember this now, remember NOW that fenderman resolved it for someone not too long ago...maybe next time I'LL remember it.
Ain't holdin' my breath, I've already forgot what I had for breakfast this morning..if I even ate at all (man, I'm hungry at almost 5 PM).