Blue Iris / Deepstack GPU timing out

telvana

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am not even sure where to start to troubleshoot this, but it's not my first time ever running Blue Iris / Deepstack on a GPU. I've ran it since long before it was integrated and have never had an issue out of it.

Here's where my issues started. I switched to a much more powerful system than what I was on before and now I am running Blue Iris in an ESXi container with an Nvidia Quadra K4200 passed through to the VM. Everything works fine on that end, GPU is seen & working according to nvidia-smi, but I am getting an "insufficient permissions" error within nvidia-smi which I have to assume is deep stack. Any thoughts on where things have gone wrong? I am curious if it is some kind of windows permission error, or if it's something more complex?

Blue Iris Version: 5.5.4.5
Deepstack: 2021.09.01 (the latest version won't launch via Blue Iris, confirmed by others as well)
Nvidia GPU drivers: 472.84

This is running headless, but that shouldn't really make a difference as it worked before headless.

Thanks in advance, I've been pulling my hair out messing with this for a few days now and finally just decided to give up and ask for some help.