Blue Iris App - doesnt work unless on home wifi

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your router can do WireGuard AND you have an iPhone I can highly recommend that. The wg app on iPhone can make on demand on / off when leaving your home WiFi and going LTE. Never have to think about it. Pretty nifty feature I’m very happy with

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
having a weird issue, something changed in network or something
so everything was working fine
now very weird...

when at home - wifi enabled - blue iris works - pushes notification and i can view cameras
when at home - wifi disabled - blue iris works - pushes notification and i can view cameras
when out and about - wifi enabled or disabled - blue iris HALF works - pushes notifications but i CANNOT view the cameras, when i try it keeps "retrying"
You still on Zerotier as you were back in July of '23?

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
figured this out as i was reading other posts
wanted to reiterate, as this works app works great for me (tested both with Apple & Samsung Phones)

HOW TO GET BLUE IRIS TO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS ONTO PHONE OUTSIDE OF WIFI NETWORK

Follow Youtube Video Below
Also attached a video that has been deleted off of youtube that helped me figure out any issues

Make sure you put the new LAN Address provided by ZeroTier into the LAN on Blue Iris to make everything work properly

If anyone has any feedback on the 2 questions below let me know

app is different on android then apple
should this be checked

Route all traffic through Zerotier. requires external configuration of the network
- is it the same as the enable default route on apple app ?

and the 4 things he should have checked when you install it is correct right ?
- the 4 "allow" things

Attachments

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
adding some more to this incase someone runs into same issue...

so i now have 2 separate blue iris machines running, home and work, and what i noticed is using Zero Tier, i am only able to enable one at a time, issue being i cannot get alerts from both (not an issue for me to swap the Zero Tier check mark to physically view the alert to enter the cameras, however i dont even get notifications from the other BI machine if it is not checked off in zero tier
I assume there is many people here using BI at multiple properties, wondering if they have a solution

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an update

Zero Tier now has 2 locations that can be checked (HOME / OFFICE)
When office location is checked and you are in office- home will not work, office will work
When office location is checked and you are out of office- home will not work, office will work
When office location is checked and you are at home- home will not work, office will work (this is odd, because usually since i am on home wifi it would connect, i thought it would)

so this puts its into a bit of a shitty scenario...if im at home, id like to watch over both my house at night, and office, and i am unable to do so

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Load of options out there now. Tailscale, twingate, openvpn (asus router built in vpn if you have one also).