Blue Iris and DCS 933L problems

Walnut

n3wb
Reaction score
My first post on this forum, but it has been a gold mine to help me solve other problems. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with a problem that has got me totally stumped.

I have been trying to connect a D-Link 933L to my Blue Iris, but they do not recognise each other. I think I may not be entering the correct settings into the camera. I am getting 12029 messages.

I have a Proliant running BI 3.66 and have set up Loftek and Tenvis cameras before with no issues. I use No-Ip for DNS and have set the cameras up with static IP addresses. The BI settings for the D-Link are the same as I have used previously. I am a bit confused as to what settings I need to enter on the advanced settings page for the camera. The camera broadcasts fine through MyDLink. I have port forwarded and set up as I did with the other cams.

And suggestions welcomed as I am no expert in this area.

Many thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Walnut welcome to the forum...make sure the ip address and other credentials are correct...post an image of you video configuration tab

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
My first post on this forum, but it has been a gold mine to help me solve other problems. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with a problem that has got me totally stumped.

I have been trying to connect a D-Link 933L to my Blue Iris, but they do not recognise each other. I think I may not be entering the correct settings into the camera. I am getting 12029 messages.

I have a Proliant running BI 3.66 and have set up Loftek and Tenvis cameras before with no issues. I use No-Ip for DNS and have set the cameras up with static IP addresses. The BI settings for the D-Link are the same as I have used previously. I am a bit confused as to what settings I need to enter on the advanced settings page for the camera. The camera broadcasts fine through MyDLink. I have port forwarded and set up as I did with the other cams.

And suggestions welcomed as I am no expert in this area.

Many thanks.
Well make sure you have each camera login info entered, user and password.

Walnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Here is a screen shot of my BI video settings and the D-Link settings page.

I know it's probably something silly I have missed.

Cheers,

BI.jpg

dcs2.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Walnut
1) why are you using the no ip address? If the camera is on the local network you should be using the local ip address in blue iris
2) There may be several options for the same dlink camera from the dropdown...try using those..

Last edited by a moderator:

Walnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

1) It's on a NoIp so I can access the camera outside of BI. I am not on a static IP. I have tried using the local IP, that doesn't work either.
2) I have tried using most of the camera types on the dropdown, all to no avail :( It also will not auto detect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

1) It's on a NoIp so I can access the camera outside of BI. I am not on a static IP. I have tried using the local IP, that doesn't work either.
2) I have tried using most of the camera types on the dropdown, all to no avail :( It also will not auto detect.
1) accessing external has NOTHING to do with this. You should enter the cameras LOCAL internal IP address. All you need for external access is to enable the blue iris webserver and forward a SINGLE port.
If you would like we can do a teamviewer session I can log in and see whats going on.

Walnut

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman, thank you for the tips. I deleted the original setup and reinstalled the cam with the local IP. All working great!

Changing the IP to local settings has sorted out a load of the other niggling little problems I had as well.

Cheers! :victorious: