Blue Iris and Cam Brands

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering if Blur Iris favors any camera brand. Like a brand that maybe works better than others and can utilize all its features in the software? Anyboy know?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering if Blur Iris favors any camera brand. Like a brand that maybe works better than others and can utilize all its features in the software? Anyboy know?
No...its works with just about any camera...Rule of thumb..dont buy no name random cameras...you are better off with known reliable brands...

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you're looking for brand names, I've had good luck with both Hikvision and Dahua 3MP cameras.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Rule of Thumb, don't buy anything until you consult on this forum :)

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
While I'm no expert, I'll weigh in. While I have had good luck with the Dahua bullet cameras, I did have to send two of the dome style cameras (not variable focal) back as it was just too warm when operating for me to feel comfortable with. It was so warm that it was uncomfortable to leave your hand on it. I just didn't trust something that operated that hot. I don't have any experience with the second one on your list or any variable focal length camera. I have two of the third one on your list and am very pleased with them. They operate 24/7 under the eaves of my house with no hiccups or restarts required. I did notice that it said "English Firmware" on it which is good because I've heard people say that the Chinese was just too hard to figure out and interpret to get the camera set up. You can probably find sample videos of this camera on Amazon in the reviews.