bitrate low

rekd0514

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly I am using two DS-2CD2132F-IS.

I am wondering why the bitrate is showing so low when I have it set high in the hikvision settings? Any idea how to bring the clips viewer back since it is missing on my BI interface now and I can't seem to find a way to get it back?

My last question for now, is there any way to improve the night vision from looking like dust blobs on the lens other than adding a light outside in that area?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

rekd0514

n3wb
Reaction score
@rekd0514Welcome to the forum. Blue iris is displaying the correct bitrate, the units of measure are different in both. Its is also set way too high causing you to lose valuable storage space, set it to 4096.
As far as the fog, your issue is IR reflection. See the pdf in post 10 here to solve your problem. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1177-Hikvision-Foggy-as-***?p=10194&viewfull=1#post10194
Storage is not an issue since I have motion detection running so not many clips in a day. I also have 15TB+ available on this server that is being used for other things as well. I would rather get the highest quality I can get out of them especially since I only have 2 cameras as it is.

I will have to clean the domes and make sure the foam ring is contacting properly. Thanks for that!

Any idea on the clips viewer that should be on the right side?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Storage is not an issue since I have motion detection running so not many clips in a day. I also have 15TB+ available on this server that is being used for other things as well. I would rather get the highest quality I can get out of them especially since I only have 2 cameras as it is.

I will have to clean the domes and make sure the foam ring is contacting properly. Thanks for that!

Any idea on the clips viewer that should be on the right side?
I personally cannot see a difference between 4096 or anything higher.
Note that its not only the camera and foam, but consider something near the camera is reflecting back as explained in the pdf.
As far as the clips viewer, did you disable administrative privileges for the admin user? or delete or disable the admin user?

rekd0514

n3wb
Reaction score
I personally cannot see a difference between 4096 or anything higher.
Note that its not only the camera and foam, but consider something near the camera is reflecting back as explained in the pdf.
As far as the clips viewer, did you disable administrative privileges for the admin user? or delete or disable the admin user?
OK I will turn it down then.

It was the admin account causing the problem. Why does that account need to be enabled? I noticed that if I delete that account it always comes back after the program is restarted. I don't really want that account since I created my own new account with a password. Isn't leaving that account open a security compromise?
t ha

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I will turn it down then.

It was the admin account causing the problem. Why does that account need to be enabled? I noticed that if I delete that account it always comes back after the program is restarted. I don't really want that account since I created my own new account with a password. Isn't leaving that account open a security compromise?
t ha
You can leave the bitrate higher if you have lots of storage...its just my personal feeling..
The admin account cannot be accessed outside the lan unless you set a password (the lan box is also checked)..if you wish you can place a strong password on it...its not a security risk at all (no more than any user generated account)
From the whats new section.
4.1.6 - September 3, 2015

• Admin console sessions and anonymous-admin remote sessions now have their own automatically created Options/Users account "admin". For security, it will not be possible to login with this account remotely unless you assign it a password (or had a pre-existing admin account with a password). This will aid in the future development of per-user statistics and counters.