Big rain causes some problems

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
We had unprecedented rain over night, like 13 inches over 5 hours. So many have it so bad from this, so I don't take for granted that my loved ones, home, car, are all ok. One of my bullet cameras died. When power came back on it never did. It might dry out but who knows. The weirder thing was somehow my Dvr static address got corrupted. It would stream for only 30 seconds or not at all, timing out. It had me going quite nuts. I finally fixed it by assigning it a new ip and associating it to the already forwarded ports. That fixed it. Power outages altogether suck for everything. I always know that on top of everything else, networking could get funky. And it certainly did, from... Rain.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My heart goes out to people who suffer from extreme weather. You can live in a safe area etc. try to be pro-active and take some preventive measures, but you never know. Lots of stress, damage, losses, ... tough to rebuild, and to top it off you can have insurance, which then doesn't come through for you.