BI with Lorex Fusion NVR

C.S.Tech

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed a Lorex Fusion NVR camera system at my brother's home recently. He's content with the feature set offered but he wants the extra features and controls I have over my home system using BI. My question is, can I just install BI on a PC he has not being used and connect it to the Lorex NVR system to take over the control of the cameras from the Lorex NVR but still use the NVR as a poe switch to power and get data to/from the cameras? I looked in BI for his specific NVR model but didn't find it. Can I just use the Generic/ONVIF make instead of choosing Lorex specifically? I've posted some screenshots of his system and the BI camera makes for Lorex.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be able to stream video from the NVR to BI.

Give the NVR's LAN a unique static IP in the same subnet as the BI server but outside of any connected (if any) router's DHCP pool.
In BI, put in the NVR's LAN IP, username and password and use the "Generic/ONVIF " drop-down for MAKE and the "*RTSP/H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4" drop-down for MODEL, then select "Find/Inspect".

Once it finds and streams that camera, successfully, copy or create a new camera identical to the first BUT select from the camera # drop-down camera 2; repeat for the remaining cams. 3, 4. etc.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MORE ^^^^
If any issues with getting the URL paths populated via the above method, let me know; we can manually type in the URL's for the main stream and sub stream.
Once you get one cam in the NVR streaming properly, the rest can be copy/paste and change a number or two, if necessary.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if it doesn't work, there were a few versions of Lorex systems that are proprietary and folks couldn't get it to work with BI.