BI web server fails to connect after Windows Update - running remote wizard repairs it.

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have had an issue with the Blue Iris web server being unable to connect after some Windows Updates. When it happens, it's the same problem every time. Blue Iris works fine with the application that is running as a service, but the web server fails to connect. I found that running the remote connection wizard fixes the problem so I'm happy that works out. I'd just like to know if others are having this problem and if so, does anyone know why it happens?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It seems that sometimes after Windows installs updates the network connection can get reset to Public instead of Private. Check your and make sure it is on Private

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to check that before running the wizard the next time!

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've noticed that BI service will sometimes start too fast when the system boots; the network hasn't started and BI's web server will be using 127.0.0.1

To combat this I changed the Automatic start to Automatic (Delayed Start).. seems to help. This gives the network a bit more time to start and BI use the assigned IP address rather than localhost for its WWW site.

1612716864056.png

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed that BI service will sometimes start too fast when the system boots; the network hasn't started and BI's web server will be using 127.0.0.1

To combat this I changed the Automatic start to Automatic (Delayed Start).. seems to help. This gives the network a bit more time to start and BI use the assigned IP address rather than localhost for its WWW site.

View attachment 81969
I had to do this on a couple of my Blue Iris setups.
The delay is not that much to worry about.

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That sounds like an excellent suggestion. Thanks. I've already done it, so I guess I'll wait on the next update to see how it goes.