BI V3 to V4 with new PC: Cant log in Remotely

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally getting around to updating to a new PC. Installed V4 and Imported my cameras over. Those came on line fine.

Configured my new machine with Static IP, set my port open in my router, just one digit less than my old setup. All I get is the splash screen. Even when I put my user/pwd combo in nothing happens? Splash screen just sits there.

Checked to make sure cams are all enable for web and they are.

Really confused as I brought V3 version back online and it works perfectly remotely. Has Demo mode disabled remote viewing as I haven't purchased a license yet in V4?

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I got admin to work be able to see remotely, but not my added user? It was really weird as it took 3 tries to log in via admin and then it worked? My added user nothing.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok deleted added user, re-added and now it works. Go figure. Now I have to figure out why 2 cameras can record continuous but 2 can not.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got all 4 cameras to record continuously. I guess sometimes it's better to add from new then import old settings.

My I5, $5 PC I got at a garage sale really shave some CPU consumption on my 4 cameras. I went from running at 88% on my old PC down to 30's%.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm doing some of those now. One thing though, when I try and reduce frame rate in BI, it never takes. Is that a camera setting I need to set since BI won't change it even though I select a lower rate?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm doing some of those now. One thing though, when I try and reduce frame rate in BI, it never takes. Is that a camera setting I need to set since BI won't change it even though I select a lower rate?
frame rates must be adjusted in the camera

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why is there an option in BI to adjust? Can some cameras be adjusted to pass control over to BI?

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. So my next question is why does the guide looney poster show it as an option for
BI to adjust if it has to be set on the camera?

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. So my next question is why does the guide looney poster show it as an option for

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
because sometimes BI fails to properly auto adjust itself and you get tearing of the image...it has zero impact on the frame rates the camera is sending...you must set that in the camera.