BI says 100% CPU usage & Windows says 60%, WTF!

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now a few updates ago, my security system with BI was always around 55% to 65%, even during alert recording.

Recently it says it is running a quad core 4.6Mhz CPU on BI at 100% which is wrong according to Windows 10 task manager CPU logging. My task manager shows about 60-70% CPU usage of the BI program.

Does anyone know about this problem and if it is fixable. There should be no reason at all this BI program has to use 100% CPU continuously while sitting watching 6 cam channels at 20fps with direct to disk and no alerts. Just keeps climbing after each update it seems. I would like to see these %'s of CPU usage match each other like they should be.
There are no background programs running except for defender and the system is dedicated, so why does BI suck resources so much. Is there a workaround to sync up this CPU usage between BI and the Windows task manager or lower CPU usage to where it was working at on my system a few updates ago.
I keep dropping startup programs down where the system is almost 80-90% in idle process. Turn on BI and it sits using 95% to 100% using 1.15G Ram. Friggin irritating that it can not read CPU correctly. Why use it if it does not see the usage correctly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you remotely logging into the system?
The 4100 is a weak processor and it cannot take advantage of intel hardware acceleration. 70% is normal on your pc and your load.

Overclocking an pc is a bad idea for a vms. The amd is a power hog, and it would be cost effective to replace it with a 200-300 intel haswell/skylake based i5.
Have you excluded BI from defender?
Why use it if you can not read cpu correctly? are you serious?
There are plenty of other vms options to choose from if that bothers you so much....likely you have something else going on causing this.