BI Error with USB webcams

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi to all: great forum. I'm trying BI with 4 USB webcam. I have: 2 x HP HD-4110 1 x Logitech HD C910 1x Trust FullHD Generally they work well, but I found an incompatibility with one HP and the Logitech: if both enabled one of them gives me this error in BI window: Error: 8007001f() 1019 All the other combinations instead work well. What's this? How can I solve it? TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all: great forum. I'm trying BI with 4 USB webcam. I have: 2 x HP HD-4110 1 x Logitech HD C910 1x Trust FullHD Generally they work well, but I found an incompatibility with one HP and the Logitech: if both enabled one of them gives me this error in BI window: Error: 8007001f() 1019 All the other combinations instead work well. What's this? How can I solve it? TIA
Welcome to the forum...can you run both camera simultaneously when BI is off? say one camera on skype and the other on yahoo messenger? if not its a system level issue not blue iris...

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're right. They can't display both! It's not only BI.
So, should it be an USB controller problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right. They can't display both! It's not only BI.
So, should it be an USB controller problem?
Probably..why mess with USB cameras? just get a decent ip camera and be done with it.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I agree IP are better; in the future...
I already had, why don't use them? They work fine up to now.
More, for what I need they cost very low, four decent ip cameras (of course with better qual) will cost 3x.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree IP are better; in the future...
I already had, why don't use them? They work fine up to now.
More, for what I need they cost very low, four decent ip cameras (of course with better qual) will cost 3x.
720p ip cameras are about 60, you wont have these issues and they will be better in low light.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those webcams I have are 1080p, anyway if I choose IP I will spend more to obtain better qual: I don't want quite the same qual of the system I have now... I will go on 3-4MP I think.
It's the same of an old analog system: if you upgrade to IP you want also to get at least 2x-3x qual.
Anyway I will look at them, the future is that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Those webcams I have are 1080p, anyway if I choose IP I will spend more to obtain better qual: I don't want quite the same qual of the system I have now... I will go on 3-4MP I think.
It's the same of an old analog system: if you upgrade to IP you want also to get at least 2x-3x qual.
Anyway I will look at them, the future is that.
depending on the camera 3mp is not any clearer than 1080p...there is more to a camera than the megapixel rating...but messing with many usb camera will ultimately cause issues..