BI 4.2.7.1 need digital I/O help

pemmel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ipcamtalk people, new member first time poster.

Running BI 4.2.7.1 and I am in love with the motion detection on one of my cameras and I need it to trigger a simple relay in order for that relay to send a signal to my house alarm.

I can handle everything on the relay side of it but am coming up short on the interface between BI and the hardware relay.

I am an expert on project circuit boards, building electronic projects but not familiar with Arduino
Looking for suggestions on how to handle this.

Any help would be appreciated and I will keep searching this forum
Pete

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello ipcamtalk people, new member first time poster.

Running BI 4.2.7.1 and I am in love with the motion detection on one of my cameras and I need it to trigger a simple relay in order for that relay to send a signal to my house alarm.

I can handle everything on the relay side of it but am coming up short on the interface between BI and the hardware relay.

I am an expert on project circuit boards, building electronic projects but not familiar with Arduino
Looking for suggestions on how to handle this.

Any help would be appreciated and I will keep searching this forum
Pete
Welcome to the forum...Unless your camera has a reliable PIR sensor you will have lots of false alarms...
If you camera has an alarm out, you can run that to your alarm system.
If you want to interface it with BI, look at sealevel devices...BI supports network and usb sealevel boxes....You will want to update to the latest version of BI as there have been some improvements with respect to this...

pemmel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I will check out sealevel later today.
I know I will get many false alarms but since the result of the motion trigger is only going to turn on several outside lights it really is not an issue how many times they come on just so long as they do come on when a person walking or a car passing in front of the house.
The camera I have setup and running now is doing this every time, without fail, so now its just a question of picking a relay and turning on the lights.
Again thanks for the help
Pete

pemmel

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I update to the new version of BI ? I go to the BI software web page and I can DL the latest version but is this a new install for me ??