Best solution to turn Wi-Fi camera into public IP camera

dude1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Keriu GQC09HE.

keriu.jpg

I connect it via Wi-Fi and can see the image in the Care Home app on Android.

I also have the IP address of the camera on my network (http://192.168.178.1 or http://192.168.178.1:80).

I searched for solutions to stream the signal online, so that I can watch it on my computer for example, but I find all solutions incredibly complicated.

Any recommendation for a simple solution to access the image from anywhere, preferably to make it public with just a URL?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This opens a huge security can of worms.
Stream it to Youtube, then share the link.
Youtube has instructions.
Where did you get that camera, it doesn't show up in a google search?
Long term, you'll not be happy with that cam. If you still can, return it and purchase a good cam.
Avoid wifi.
Study this: cliff notes
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

dude1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks
Youtube is definitely the solution I found the best and that's why I looked for the IP address of the camera on my network.
The problem is that Youtube only seems to let me select the webcam of my laptop, I can't find any way to stream that wi-fi camera.

Any hint?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks
Youtube is definitely the solution I found the best and that's why I looked for the IP address of the camera on my network.
The problem is that Youtube only seems to let me select the webcam of my laptop, I can't find any way to stream that wi-fi camera.

Any hint?

Thanks
Did you scan a QR code when you installed it?
Maybe it's P2P, and the IP address isn't visible.

dude1

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't scan a QR code, but I went through the wifi setup through the app on my phone.

Worst case scenario, I'll go through this procedure which seems to be what I'm looking for.

I just hoped there was a simpler way.