Best computer to download Blue Iris

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
I just have a quick question as to which computer BI should be installed on. I am wanting to keep an eye on my house from work, and I am considering purchasing BI. Does it need to be installed on the network that the camera is on or can I install it on my work computer, OR do I need to do both? I want to make sure because I was told you have to buy a license for every computer that you put it on.. I have an Amcrest pro hd camera and can not get it to where it can be viewed remotely except on my phone, so I am considering BI. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You install it on the network that your cameras are installed on. To view remotely you will use @bp2008's "Better BI Viewer" or the Blue Iris App...and you will need a fixed IP address or use a dynamic DNS service to view remotely

Last edited by a moderator:

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say fixed ip.. i take it that that ip should be your home network ip address that does not fluctuate or change?

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Never mind.. I found the answer to my question. Thanks for the recommendation on BI!!