Beach House Dahua Install

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I needed the ability to check on our beach house and ultimately have some video if someone does something stupid...

It's a simple system that my friend Vector18 hooked me up with after telling him what i wanted to do. I got the equipment from him and Vector18 walked me through the entire set up.

I'm super happy with the cameras and the PTZ! Anyway, here's the pics of the install. I'll send more of the PTZ once i get back down there...great views of the beach sitting at work :).

-Mik

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice install Mik, and I'm glad you like the system. Did you clear up the internet issue with AT&T?

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got the internet back up, going to have to set up a bridge to port the correct IP addresses. It's a DSL line which makes this different than my uVerse at home. Thanks for you patience trouble shooting this one!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you bridge the modem and use your new router for port forwarding, it shouldn't be any different. The DSL line will give you horrible response for the PTZ during remote connection. You might want to switch to sub stream, move the PTZ around, than change back to main stream when viewing it remotely.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That last picture at night I wold be lowering that camera so the lights are above the focus rather then in the focus shot. Plenty of room to still capture the stairs and more of the glass door

Michael

n3wb
Reaction score
Very nice. It's really pleasant to see your house and beach, sitting at work!