Battery powered Vico camera integration with BI... Is it possible?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know it's a stretch, but if there's any way to integrate this camera, I'd like to give it a go. I needed a quick, simple, dirty way to get notifications for a neighbor's chicken coop. They've been getting some kind of predator that's been picking off chickens. It's probably a yote or bobcat. No power at the coop, but within range of their wifi, so this battery-powered camera with PIR and cloud-based notification seemed to be a very inexpensive gamble.

The idea is to get an immediate alert when it detects movement, thereby affording the homeowner with the ability to take a shot at the predator from their bedroom window.

However, they already have a BI system that I set up for them previously. It would be nice to integrate this camera into their BI system to record directly to that PC.

I have found the IP address of the camera on the network, but it does not respond (port 80). The camera also goes to sleep when there is no motion, which takes it off line.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More than likely probably not. It is probably a proprietary system thus them having a monthly fee for additional features.

A quick search didn't show any ONVIF compliant language on it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. But never hurts to ask the experts here ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the neighbor plans to have a chicken coop for some time it would be worth it for him to pull CAT cable with a jacket rated for the application and put in a decent outdoor POE camera, IMO. :cool:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If the neighbor plans to have a chicken coop for some time it would be worth it for him to pull CAT cable with a jacket rated for the application and put in a decent outdoor POE camera, IMO. :cool:
I think ultimately that will happen at some point down the road. For now, the urgency was trying to pop what ever is snagging her birds. I'll have to figure out some logistic. We'd have to cross a very wide gravel drive and parking lot that sees a lot of traffic. Can be done, but will require some planning.

Cape Fear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think ultimately that will happen at some point down the road. For now, the urgency was trying to pop what ever is snagging her birds. I'll have to figure out some logistic. We'd have to cross a very wide gravel drive and parking lot that sees a lot of traffic. Can be done, but will require some planning.
Do they have power on that side of the drive/parking lot? It's not as good as cable, but a wireless bridge could get them up and running tomorrow. Just to buy time until they can install the cabling, anyways.

I have the same situation and I'm using a wireless bridge. I don't hate it, but it does drop some frames.

Chicken Coop 2024-02-11 10.52.35.804 AM.jpg

Last edited: