Basic and Smart Events Reset Power Outages

Halobiont

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just about have the configurations needed between Basic and Smart Events, then the power goes out and resets everything. I login into the NVR and change the settings and with a power outage it reverts. I login to the camera and change settings, same outcome.

Any ideas on how to make the settings "default" so they won't change?

Thanks,
Doug

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

I just about have the configurations needed between Basic and Smart Events, then the power goes out and resets everything. I login into the NVR and change the settings and with a power outage it reverts. I login to the camera and change settings, same outcome.

Any ideas on how to make the settings "default" so they won't change?

Thanks,
Doug
Hi Doug,

As a practical matter test to see if you can change something like email address and save. Power down the camera and report back if that change is kept upon viewing the internal browser. If the answer is Yes that simple change was kept and remembered there may be a conflict in what you're trying to change. In the worst case scenario where you believe the camera is in some unknown state.

Hard reset the camera back to its default OEM state.

Make some incremental changes that have nothing to do with Basic / Smart Events and confirm those selections are saved upon loss of power. If they aren't and the camera was hard reset you may try to reload the firmware to see if it resolves the issue. If not, it could be the camera was damaged when power was restored. This is why any mission critical electronics are protected and powered by a UPS.

Let us know what happens with the tests I listed out . . . :wave:

Halobiont

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok Thank you. I'll try this. There are only a few cameras that do this so you may be right about some damage. However I do have different models. I'm not an expert so resetting to OEM state probably means I have to reset the IP addresses and I need to make sure I'm ready to do that.

Thanks again,
Doug

Halobiont

n3wb
Reaction score
I found th4e answer for this problem. If you're using IVMS software make sure you set up an "operator" or non-administrator user account. If you use an administrator account this problem will occur.

Good luck.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found th4e answer for this problem. If you're using IVMS software make sure you set up an "operator" or non-administrator user account. If you use an administrator account this problem will occur.

Good luck.
Its bad firmware design, if u want to work with full "administrator" consider changing firmware on DVR/NVR

Halobiont

n3wb
Reaction score
In case anyone comes across this thread the above IVMS solution did not work. I upgraded the firmware for each camera which solved this problem. Actually my camera installer called someone who remoted into his laptop and upgraded the firmware.

I had another camera that was not broadcasing the substream. Same fix.

If it's weird, try upgrading firmware. If it's working leave it alone. That's the advice of my camera installer.

Good luck.