Bagged NVR for POE switch.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday I some how deconfigured the 2231 ZS camera in the Amcrest 4108 NVR ( i'm good at that) and BI was stuck showing feed from the NVR of two identical images. a clone of the 5442 6mm LPR cam. tried the usual reboots, add/delete cams blah blah blah. tried changing camera ports on the Amcrest. I thought ok motherf$3r! good bye.

So I went to Microcenter and grabbed a cheap 10/100 Trendnet POE switch. went into the NVR and reassigned the cameras gateway and Ip addresses and made them static. Which of course made them disappear. So I drove out to the remote garage, disemboweled the Amcrest from the works, and plopped the Switch up on the shelf and shoved the jacks in er back side...and watch the little Green LED's. the gosh durned 2231 ZS would not get a link. so I bagged that mother, and threw in a preconfigured 5442 ZE, and boom she was off and running.
now im back in action with the rear parking lot. plus Audio to boot. That way you can all enjoy the roar of the Sawzalls cutting pipe after Midnight.
brought the 2231 ZS into the shop and plugged it into the Cisco, and she showed link and POE. added er as a new cam and she popped up. I don't what all the fuss was about with the NVR, but I'm going to see about a reset on that mother.

Last edited: