Baby Monitor Recommendation

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Tiny cam has the same issue with high bit rate, but you can run in low bandwidth mode

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it would be great if the DS-2CD2532F-IW had an audio alert option. Would be a incredibly good baby camera that you can then use as a proper cam at a later date.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All,

In case anyone finds it useful, I did a first run test with this battery:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B45EOYS

I hooked up the TP-Link TL-WR802N router to its USB port and the Hikvision 2432 to the DC output port. I then linked the camera to the router, connected to the camera's web interface, and started streaming high-def video at the highest bit rate. I set up a reoccurring ping to the router and then checked how long it kept responding to pings. This was basically a "worst case" scenario for power usage, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the camera streamed for just over 16 hours before the battery ran out of power.

I also noticed that I managed to buy the older (and more expensive) generation battery, so I'll be returning it and purchasing the second generation battery which supposedly has about 15% more power and two more USB ports. That should improve the run-time as well.

Thanks everyone!
Thanks @metro, I did find your posts useful. I ordered the TL-WR802N travel router that you linked to and may order that 2nd gen Anker battery. I won't be using it as a baby monitor, but will use it to demo a spare Hik 2432 that I'm not using right now. A friend of mine has been wanting me to bring a IP camera over to his house to demo it to some of his neighbors. This would be an ideal setup. The fewer cables the better. :peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use a 2432. I was also concerned about ir. Maybe no big deal but not enough confidence to say that for sure. What I did was put a bunch of layers of masking tape over the ir light. A small enough amount gets through that in a closed off room I can still see quite well what is going on. Untapped the ir lights on these things are so darn powerful and you just don't need it for a baby room imo. Another thing I did was tape over all signal lights so that the camera looks dark. This way there was no inclination to just stare at the thing anyway.

prior to this I used a dropcam and did not shield its visible ir lights, but they wee way less powerful than on the cube.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I use a 2432. I was also concerned about ir. Maybe no big deal but not enough confidence to say that for sure. What I did was put a bunch of layers of masking tape over the ir light. A small enough amount gets through that in a closed off room I can still see quite well what is going on. Untapped the ir lights on these things are so darn powerful and you just don't need it for a baby room imo. Another thing I did was tape over all signal lights so that the camera looks dark. This way there was no inclination to just stare at the thing anyway.

prior to this I used a dropcam and did not shield its visible ir lights, but they wee way less powerful than on the cube.
Over two years ago when I got my 2432s I complained to Hikvision first thing about the activity lights and whether they could disable them via firmware update... the only response I got was "we don't support your cam... blah blah"