AXIS Long Range PoE Extender Kit troubleshooting

Griste

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Axis' help desk is closed on the weekends but this issue happened today..

I hooked up a couple of these Axis PoE extender Kits just like the manual tells you to, (Manual is here: ) According to the manual I have Solid Green lights 1, 2, 3, and 4 meaning 20W of power going. But the problem I am running into is that I am not getting any data from these cameras that I have plugged in on the other end of the extender kits.

If your familiar with Avaya switches, my port interfaces show that the 2 ports I used are UP, but my "show ip arp" shows that nothing is even connected to these ports.

To me, it looks like its sending Power but not getting any data.. Does anyone have any sort of idea of what could be happening?

edit: If this is the wrong thread, I apologize. It's not an IP camera but a component of one?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to substitute/bypass the CAT-5e/6 cable in use with another known good cable?
If not, how long is the cable?
Is it wired T-568B on both ends or T-568A on both ends?
Have you tested the cable with a simple continuity/short tester?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And without knowing your networking capability, are the cameras and you system on the same IP address subnet?