AV recording - 32 cameras - 72h

gascha

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and reasonably new to surveillance recording and hence my question might turn out to be crazy and the solution unachievable.

For a research project in an intensive care unit, we want to study team responses to medical emergencies.

In order to analyse the teamwork, we will need a surveillance system that can continuously record video and audio from up to 32 rooms in parallel. The recording must be continuous because we will obviously never know when an emergency happens during the day. Manual activation would be impractical since there would be clearly higher priorities than switching on a video recorder. Motion activation won't work - there is almost always some motion in the room. Sound activation would be a possibility if the recording system could recognise the bedside alarm sound)
The system could should record for up to 72 hours before old data gets deleted automatically unless an operator saves a video-sequence (which would usually be between 5 and 60 minutes long) for further analysis.

The video and audio quality needs to be reasonably good so that one can clearly hear and see what happened in the room. A grainy b/w CCTV picture wouldnt be good enough. The camera should capture most of the action happening around a bed in the centre of a a 4*4 m room.

I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Regards, Christian