Asking for a doorbell cam recommendation

zGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Ring Pro with 2 Ring chimes. I'm done with that device limitations and problems so I'm on the market for a new one. The market has changed a lot, and to be honest I'm a bit lost and having difficulties finding THE camera I'd like. May be I'm setting the bar too high. So, I'm turning to the experts here.

Here's the ideal cam I envision:

Network:
  • Wi-Fi 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz
  • Static IP support a big plus
  • RTSP support to connect it to Blue Iris, ONVIF support a plus
  • Remote access thru Android app from anywhere with basic cellular connection (e.g. without Wi-Fi)
Resolution: 4 megapixels @ 15fps minimum, 2K/30fps even better
Power: wired 24 VAC
Chimes: can be linked to multiple, minimum 2
, 3 better, wireless chimes, preferably Wi-Fi, BT acceptable
Alexa compatible
Bi-directional audio

Announcements/Alerts: if chimes are not available then Alexa would be the preferred workaround. Node-RED support could be another alternative as I could forward that to Alexa easily. Getting both chimes and Alexa would be awesome.
  • Ring button press to Alexa and Android push (thru app preferably or SMS)
  • Motion detection to Alexa and Android push (thru app preferably or SMS)
Other characteristics:
  • Camera viewing angle minimum 162°
  • IP65 weatherproof
  • Minimum working temperature: -20° C / 4° F. I'm in Canada and it can get pretty cold here.
  • IR Night vision, minimum 3 meters / 10 feet
  • SD Card 128GB minimum, just in case Blue Iris chokes
  • MUST work without cloud recording support, e.g. no cloud subscription fees.
  • Angled wedge installation bracket
Bold items are absolute must. Also, should be available thru a Canadian channel, importing devices here often has a 150 to 200% cost burden due to currency exchange, customs fees and taxes, not to mention shipping costs. Budget is not a big issue but I don't feel like encouraging government more than necessary. That said, any suggestion is welcome and I'll do my own research to get it local.

So, am I dreaming or something close to that exists?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you referring to a thread? A search for "doorbell 101" brings only this thread.
its now about 335 pages..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I been using EZVIZ DB1 for little over a year but I am switching over to EZVIZ DB1C soon. I already brought it but I haven't swap it out yet.

I would recommend you look into the latter model which is EZVIZ DB1C. There a thread on all about it over at Review: EZVIZ DB1C

zGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
its now about 335 pages..

Wow! Looks like I'm in for a long read.

Thanks.

zGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
I been using EZVIZ DB1 for little over a year but I am switching over to EZVIZ DB1C soon. I already brought it but I haven't swap it out yet.

I would recommend you look into the latter model which is EZVIZ DB1C. There a thread on all about it over at Review: EZVIZ DB1C
I was not able to confirm if that model supports remote Wi-Fi chimes.