Archiving Folders are Empty

jeffpdavis

n3wb
Reaction score
A few months ago I set up an archiving strategy that I thought would work for me but all the downstream storage folders are empty in spite of the log indicating otherwise (New: moving 2 files 13.4M [720/720, 30546/30720, 835927], Stored: moving 2 files 22.0M [720/720, 35/30720, 835927], Aux 1: moving 2 files 22.0M [720/720, 35/30720, 835953], etc.). In the Options/Clips and Archiving setup, I went through each of the Folders along the left, hoping that after NN days (with Limit clip age checked, Do NOT monitor free space unchecked) that New would be moved to Stored, Stored moved to Aux 1, Aux 1 to Aux 2, and so on. Of course I needed to enter a value for the NN days and set the Move to folder drop down to the next in the sequence for each folder, carefully leaving out the Alerts folder. There are only two cameras, each with its Record tab set to record motion when triggered and Create Alert list images when triggered checked. None of the other options is checked below that and the Video and Create Alerts.. boxes are the only ones checked, and Protect (read-only) is set to No for each of the 3 profiles used. All folders are on the local drive. My purpose was just to separate out recordings and save them for 6 months or so. It's as if it thinks it's moving the files and records it the DB but is not really doing it. I looked at the attributes of each of the folders. They are all that partial read-only setting in Windows (10) that isn't explicitly checked or unchecked. The drive has 816GB free, with BlueIris clips taking up 30GB in New folder. Each of the other folders is set to 30GB too. What am I missing? Should I check the Do NOT monitor free space? Is that Limit size for ALL folders or EACH folder? It does look like it's reaching the 30GB limit about the same time as 30 days.
Thanks,
Jeff

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Post a screen shot of your new, stored, aux1 and 2 folder settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try limiting the folder by size rather than age...see what happens (uncheck the limit clip age in all folders)

jeffpdavis

n3wb
Reaction score
That seems to have worked and moved oldest clips from New to Storage. It'll take several weeks for that to fill up the 30 GB limit for Storage and move the oldest to Aux1. While that did have the same effect and suit generally my purpose, I was expecting that either of those conditions (30 GB or 30 days) would have triggered the move. In this case 30GB is roughly 30 days of clips. I'm mostly satisfied, although I remain curious. Still, this is the most flexible feature rich camera program I've ever seen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That seems to have worked and moved oldest clips from New to Storage. It'll take several weeks for that to fill up the 30 GB limit for Storage and move the oldest to Aux1. While that did have the same effect and suit generally my purpose, I was expecting that either of those conditions (30 GB or 30 days) would have triggered the move. In this case 30GB is roughly 30 days of clips. I'm mostly satisfied, although I remain curious. Still, this is the most flexible feature rich camera program I've ever seen.
I havent tested it (because a day limit is silly if you have the extra space not being used on the drive) but likely what is happening is that the footage is automatically being deleted because its older than 30 days...i dont think its 30 days in the folder, rather 30 days from the date it was recorded, therefore you would need to set the folders, to 30,60,90..but again, that is silly, you should simply use a size limit.